Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Carport Repair...Thank Goodness!


I had been noticing over the last year or so that the carport was getting a wee bit of a sway in its roof.  What I did not know was that the wood ants or termites had eaten about three inches off one post!  OMG.  I had installed three other posts with the metal feet when I moved into the house and for some dumb reason I did not repair this particular post. This carport is about to fall down on my Mini!!  I called good friend Charlie...Help!  After assessing the situation he said..."Yup....You have a problem!!"  So we looked at the post this way and we looked at the post that way until we (I should really say "He") decided on the correct course of action.  Out came the skill saw, two hammers, extra 2X4's, the Farm Jack, sledge hammer, crow bar, along with the foot plate I had bought with some metal plate supports the day before.  The scariest part was when a lone 2X4 held up the whole carport while he cut the leg off (for a total of seven inches).  Charlie is a hero and everything is back to normal, with the exception of some paint to beautify the new post.  My Mini is safe and sound from the carport collapsing. Thank goodness!!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great information. If you want to know more about carport, Check our services you can visit:http://www.prodecksbrisbane.com.au/
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post. I was always checking this blog, and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part, I care for such information a lot. I was exploring this particular info for a long time. Thanks to this blog my exploration has ended. greenhouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a good source of information for Carpost Repairs. If you want to read more about RV Carports, carport awnings, carport covers and portable aluminium carports then GA Portable Building be a good destination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your insight for your fantastic posting. I’m glad I have taken the time to see this.
    stove and range repair

    ReplyDelete
  5. GA Portable Buildings is offering a wide selection of metal carports and carport styles including portable carports or car ports, metal carports or RV covers, carport kits, steel carports and vehicle carcovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge.

    I've read a lot of blogs, but I've never seen anything quite like this. Furthermore, I'm grateful for the opportunity to introduce myself through your posts. All you've written has left me speechless. For an instance, I've bookmarked this for future reference because it's still really useful, even after many years. All Steel Carports Direct Kits are really cost-effective and easy to install but, I think carports is best for covering goods.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this valuable knowledge.

    I've read a lot of blogs, but I've never seen anything quite like this. Furthermore, I'm grateful for the opportunity to introduce myself through your posts. All you've written has left me speechless. For an instance, I've bookmarked this for future reference because it's still really useful, even after many years. Metal Garages are very cost-effective and simple to set up, but I believe they should be customizable Metal Shelters Garages for the best coverage of products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing a great piece of information. I visited your website and I really like your website and post also. Keep it up and keep sharing such posts.
    Assignments and assessments are part of academics for analysis of the potential and efficiency of students. But they put a lot of pressure on the minds of students and therefore sometimes they fail to give appropriate time to their studies and get low grades. This is the reason students seek assignment help brisbane. Many different subjects where students mostly seek online assignment help are CHC30113 Assessment Answers Help, Law Assignment Help, bsbdiv501 assessment answers, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing this blog, its very informative for us.
    carport awnings

    ReplyDelete